Here, we will explore how to setup important starting pages in your new Thunderbolt Pipeline account!
Each time you login to our system, you will be brought to the Home Page. This page shows you details related to your work. Tasks that you are assigned to you, or tasks created by you will show up here. Dollar values connected to varying statuses will also appear. You can organize these by fiscal year.
- You may add new tasks directly from the homepage by selecting the 'Tasks' button and filling out the field accordingly.
- These tasks will show up when you login to your homepage to remind you of important assignments for you or people in your company. You may also add these tasks to a calendar reminder by selecting the ‘add to’ dropdown under Calendar.
- Once you finish a task, mark it as complete by clicking the checkbox under the ‘Actions’ tab and clicking ‘Confirm’ at the pop up.
- This will hide the task, however, you may view these tasks by clicking the ‘Show Completed Tasks’ checkbox.
- If you wish to delete a task when completed, you may also remove the task under the ‘Actions’ tab.
This video will show you the Customer view in Thunderbolt Pipeline. Here, you will learn to add customers and their contact information to use on future projects. You will also learn how to delete customers from the system.
- To add a new customer, simply click on the ‘Customers’ tab at the top of your screen. This page will be organized and populated with all customers and their contact information after you add them in!
- Click the plus button to add a new customer
- Once you’re satisfied with the customer contact information, click ‘Add New’ to save it.
- Here you will see icons next to the name and the contact information. By clicking the icon next to the field you want to edit, you can change or add information having to do with that customer.
- To delete contacts in a customer field, simply click the trashcan icon.
- Here you can populate customer information that our system will remember. When making projects in the future, you will be able to select from the list of customers you have created.
- You can add customer names and notes, phone numbers, and emails.
- To add multiple contacts under one customer, click the plus button next to ‘Customers’
- Once you have multiple customers, you may use the search bar at the top of the screen to filter specific customers.
- To edit any customer on your list, simply click on the customer.
For users with paid accounts, take advantage of the automagic bid import system. For trial accounts and time sensitive bids, create a bid/proposal schedule to show when a bid is due by clicking the 'Schedule' tab at the top menu. This helps organization throughout companies with multiple people putting out bids at once.
- Similar to the ‘Customers’ tab, you may add a bid by clicking the plus button.
- ‘Scheduled’ means that you are still working on the proposal and have not sent it to the customer. These are the bids that will remain and be organized in the Schedule section until they are sent out.
- ‘Pending’ is the next step. This means you have sent the proposal to the customer and are waiting to hear back. If you select this option, this proposal will be seen in the ‘Bids’ section.
- Here you will pick a customer, and a contact for the bid. You will also add in the estimator on the job, the date the bid is due, and the name or Project ID of the bid.
- Under the ‘Status’ label, you may pick ‘Scheduled’ or ‘Pending’.
- You may also fill in the location of the project, and our application integrates with Google Maps, making directions easier.
- Click ‘Add New’ to save this bid. You will notice a color appear when viewing different bids. These colors correlate with the person assigned to the project. To view color coded schedules for the office, you can print it out to make organization easy!
You can add Bids easily using the same format as the ‘Customers’ and ‘Schedule’ tabs. Putting a proposal directly in the ‘Bids’ tab is an option if you have already sent the proposal to the customer and bypassed the ‘Schedule’ tab.
- You can add information about a bid by clicking the plus button in the Bids page. Similar information to the ‘Schedule’ tab is needed here with some added features.
- You can get specific about the project dates here, as well as the budget. The ‘% Hot’ field is useful to see how many potential dollars your company has in proposals. More on that in a later video!
- Another way to populate the ‘Bids’ tab is to change the status of a scheduled proposal to ‘Pending’ on the ‘Schedule’ view. However, you will need to edit the bid to have additional information after changing the status.
- To edit an existing bid, click on the row and you will be able to see the details pertaining to that specific proposal. Here you can edit information, add tasks which will appear on the home screen when you login, and upload files directly to Thunderbolt Pipeline.
- You may also delete any bid by clicking the ‘Delete’ button.
Once awarded a bid, you will be able to view present projects in the ‘Current’ tab.
- You can do this by going into your ‘Bids’ and changing the status to ‘Awarded’.
- You’ll notice that two new values pop up. You can fill in ‘Contract Value’ and ‘Original Contract Budget’. Filling these in will give you an idea of your Contract Margin %.
- When viewing your bids in the ‘Current’ tab, you can add things like the Project Manager’s name, the Foreman, and the Vendor.
At this point, your company is on it's way to using Thunderbolt to it's full benefit! Check out the Workforce, Dashboard, and Hot Jobs page to take Thunderbolt Pipeline to the next level!